CSAJ 2013 Essay Contest Finalist!
We are hornored to present the finalists of CSAJ 2013 Essay Contest. Congratulation!
We would like to thanks all the participants who applied for this contest. For those who did not get to the final, try again next year! You could be next!
Result of The Top 10 selected Candidates
The Cambodian Students Association in Japan would like to announce the result of the top ten finalists whose essays have been selected for the final presentation which will be held on:
- Date: Sunday, August 11th, 2013 from 9:00 to 12:00
- Place: University of Puthisastra
CSAJ 2013 Essay Contest Announcement
Cambodian Students Association in Japan (CSAJ) would like to announce our annual Essay Contest for the year 2013. The CSAJ Essay Contest aims to further engage Cambodian youth on issues of social and personal development and allow them to voice their concerns and solutions publicly.
We would like to hear your views on one of the following questions
- The habit of not respecting time is a concern in our society. What is the impact of the habit of not respecting time on society? For you, what kinds of factors are important to form the habit of respecting time?
- There is an argument that in our country foreign languages are likely valued than Khmer language. For you, what are the consequences of using foreign languages than native language, to the society? In what context that native language should be required to use.
- Recently, more and more people involve with social network, such as Facebook, Twitter and so on. For you, what kind of effects does social network make on you and society? To make this social network benefits the best to the society, what kind of things that users should do or behave?
- First Prize Winner will be rewarded 200USD with Gold Medal and Certificate
- Second Prize Winner will be rewarded 150USD with Silver Medal and Certificate
- Third Prize Winner will be rewarded 100USD with Bronze Medal and Certificate
- 7 shortlisted finalists will be rewarded 50USD each with Certificate
The CSAJ Essay Contest 2013 is open exclusively to high school/university students in Cambodia. Participants must not be over 23 years of age as of August 11th, 2013 and must be Cambodian national residing in Cambodia. Previous contest winners are not eligible to apply.
- Essays must be written in either Khmer (1500 - 3000 characters) or English (800 - 1600 words).
- Essays must be in PDF format (A4 size).
- Essay must be solely the work of the contestant, no plagiarism. The use of scholarly material is encouraged and all works must be properly cited or it will result in disqualification.
- All essays must be typewritten, double-spaced; annotations will not be counted.
- Each essay must be included full name, affiliation, email address, and phone number of the contestant.
- Style and Content – Clarity, Organization, Originality and Creativity.
- How well your essay responds to the question presented (focus).
- Considers how well your arguments are supported (analysis).
- How well the conclusions and recommendations are expressed; how closely they follow from the analysis.
- Citations and references (no plagiarism).
Submit your essay by July 17th, 2013 and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write ‘CSAJ Essay Contest 2013’ in the subject line no later than 5:00 PM.
- July 17th, 2013 : Submission Deadline
- July 30th, 2013 : Announcement of 10 shortlisted contestants
- August 11th, 2013 : Presentation of the 10 shortlisted contestants and Announcement of 3 winners at the awarding ceremony to be held in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- The announcement of 10 shortlisted contestants will be posted on http://essaycontest.csaj-khmer.org by July 30th, 2013.
- Shortlisted contestants will also be notified via email and phone call on the same day.
- CSAJ Essay Contest 2013 Commission will select the top ten essays for the final round.
- Final Jury will select three winning essays on August 11th, 2013 to be held in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
For more information, please go to http://essaycontest.csaj-khmer.org or contact us via email@example.com.